Qualifications for Paraprofessionals
The paraprofessional must have met one of the following requirements:
- Completed at least two years of study at an institution of higher education (48 semester or 72 quarter hours).
- Obtained an associates (or higher) degree.
- Met a rigorous standard of quality and can demonstrate, through a formal state or academic assessment:
- knowledge of, and the ability to assist in instructing, reading, writing and mathematics;
- knowledge of, and the ability to assist in readiness for reading, writing and mathematics.
- Passing the Parapro Assessment fulfills this requirement.
MVESC administers the Paraprofessional test at our New Lexington Office at 1605 Airport Rd., New Lexington, Ohio, and our Main Office located at 205 N. Seventh St., Zanesville, Ohio. A study guide is available on loan by request. The cost for each test is $60.
If you are interested in taking the Paraprofessional test or need more information, please call MVESC’s New Lexington Office at 740-342-3502 or email Becca Callahan (email@example.com). For testing at the Main Office, please call 740-452-4518 or email Shelley Tolliver (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Parapro Assessment Review Materials: ETS Study Guide