Driver Education Information
The Ohio Department of Public Safety in 2022 approved the Muskingum Ohio Valley Educational Service Center (MOV ESC) Driving School clearing the way for Driver Education programs across the region in 14 districts. The Muskingum Valley Educational Service Center (MVESC), in collaboration with the Ohio Valley Educational Service Center (OVESC), developed and implemented the program to meet a need expressed by the districts, as well as to address a significant barrier to student employment.
Here Is How It Works
The course includes 24 hours of online instruction followed by eight hours in-vehicle instruction. Upon successful completion, the student will receive a certificate from our school that is presented to the BMV when taking their driving test.
The total cost of the driver education program is $350, and it is broken down into two payments. The first payment is a $100 deposit, and this will register the student for the program. The second payment of $250 is required before starting behind-the-wheel training.
See the following Site Coordinators to begin your MOV ESC Driver Education.
- Belpre City Schools: Jessica Madison
- Caldwell Exempted Village School District: Tiffiny Sidwell
- Crooksville Exempted Village School District: Mary Ann Headley
- Fort Frye Local School District: Suzi White
- Frontier Local School District: Beth Brown
- Marietta City Schools: Beth Bauerbach
- Morgan Local Schools:Tiffany Bragg
- New Lexington School District: Penny Murray
- Noble Local Schools: Jill Franklin
- River View Local Schools: Katie Wesney
- Switzerland of Ohio Local School District site coordinators are:
- Beallsville: Sandy Doudna
- Monroe: Junior Winland
- River: Jim Miller
- Warren Local School District: Jody Turner
- Wolf Creek Local School District: Missy Antill
- Zanesville City Schools District: Aaron White
The site coordinators will provide the training agreement and details.
- Complete the training agreement and submit your payment. The MOV ESC Driving School will accept online payment or cash and check payment may be dropped off or mailed to our MVESC Zanesville office.Attn: Drivers Education
Muskingum Valley ESC
205 N. 7th Street
Zanesville, Ohio 43701
If paying online, please be sure to save your username and password.
- Once payment is received, an email with the online code to enroll in ACEABLE Driving Course will be sent to you. If you have questions at this stage, please contact your site coordinator for assistance.
- Complete the 24-hour online class (a certificate is mailed to your home after completion).
- Obtain a permit before driving.
- Bring the certificate of online completion and have a valid permit when school starts to schedule your eight (8) hours of behind-the-wheel training.
- Each participating district has a car that is used for in-vehicle instruction.
- The MOV ESC instructor rides with the student for eight hours total. Our instructors will do their best to work around the student’s schedule.
- After completion of the eight hours of in-vehicle instruction, a certificate will be issued from the MOV ESC Driving School that you bring to the BMV when you take your driving test.
If you have questions, contact Eastin Lewellen at 740-452-4518, ext. 1159, or email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Shelley Tolliver at 740-452-4518, ext. 1158, or email email@example.com. Feel free to reach out to your school district’s site coordinator, too.