Driver Education Information
The Ohio Department of Public Safety recently approved the Muskingum Ohio Valley Educational Service Center (MOV ESC) Driving School clearing the way for Driver Education programs across the region in 14 districts. The Muskingum Valley Educational Service Center (MVESC), in collaboration with the Ohio Valley Educational Service Center (OVESC), developed and implemented the program to meet a need expressed by the districts, as well as to address a significant barrier to student employment.
Here Is How It Works
The course includes 24 hours of online instruction followed by eight hours in-vehicle instruction. Upon successful completion, the student will receive a certificate from our school that is presented to the BMV when taking their driving test.
- Complete the training agreement and submit your payment. We accept online payment or cash and check payment may be dropped off or mailed to our MVESC Zanesville office.
Attn: Drivers Education
Muskingum Valley ESC
205 N. 7th Street
Zanesville, Ohio 43701
- We will contact you and email your student an online code to enroll in the Aceable driving course.
- Complete the 24-hour online class (a certificate is mailed to your home after completion).
- Attain a permit before driving.
- Bring the certificate of online completion and have a valid permit when school starts to schedule your eight (8) hours of behind-the-wheel training.
- We have a school car that will be used for the in-vehicle instruction.
- The instructor rides with the student for eight hours total. Our instructors will do their best to work around the student’s schedule.
- After completion of the eight hours of in-vehicle instruction, a certificate will be issued from our school that you take to the BMV when you take your driving test.
If you have questions, contact Justin Denius at 740-452-4518 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The total cost of the driver education program is $350 and it is broken down into two payments. The first payment is a $100 deposit, and this will register the student for the program. The second payment of $250 is required before starting the driving instruction portion.